Tantalizing Speech

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dancing Shoes With, Sunday Blues

So I have finally finished my script, and smoothed it out... I am actually very proud of it, and I hope that when it is performed on stage that the emotion, and thought is translated to the fullest extent...
So I will be rehearsing in the one thousand hall after school until tech week, because it fits the new theme of the set of the play... I decided to have the over all feeling of the set, an alley way... Lighting will set drama into motion as the fully lit set with it's eight inhabitants placed ever so strategically will look nothing more than a large trash can (dumpster) a spray painted wall, garbage, chairs, et cetera... The stage right portion, after the lights are blacked out and a warm, soft light is illuminated towards it will look like a bedroom... I have each part of the stage set up to different lighting as such so that when the stage is fully lit, it is an alley way, but when the specific areas are focused on it looks like an actual place, for all of the rest of the stage will be blacked out...

It to me creates this world where individually these areas are just regular, constrained, society, whereas when all is lit up these places connect, like the characters to create the literal and metaphorical bareness, of truth, and intrinsic state of being as that of an alley...
I hope this made a little bit of sense and did not sound like rambling...
Yours Truly, Nick

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Nick said...

AWESOME! Hey and if you need any extra help on lighting or construction or any of that tech bus. Bre has offered her expertise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home